[Magdalen] some good news from Washington

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Wed Sep 6 18:21:22 UTC 2017

Grace, I so agree with you!  As extended supply (I call it being "the
Sunday help"), I can express regret, pass the concern on to the wardens,
and bow out.  I felt SO responsible to resolve this sort of thing when I
was rector!  I know part of that is my own sense of over-responsibility,
but it was so much harder to wear the responsibility loosely, when we all
felt I was somehow more "in charge."

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY
ann.markle at aya.yale.edu

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 2:07 PM, Grace Cangialosi <gracecan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I may have mentioned this, but I'm not sure. I had a very upset
> parishioner in my office a couple of weeks ago who had just heard that the
> Cathedral was considering this.
> She was outraged and said this kind of thing was destroying the church,
> and she and her husband would not be back. (This is a small country Church
> about 100 miles south of Charlottesville, and they are from Long Island.)
> She planned to write to the Dean of the Cathedral. I heard her out and
> explained a bit about the rationale for removing the windows. I also
> pointed out that the decision had not been made yet. She said, Oh, they'll
> take them out. You mark my words!"
> This past Sunday they were in church, and the man said there were just a
> lot of things happening in their lives right now, but they weren't planning
> to leave. So we'll see how this latest news affects them...
> She did write a letter to our bishop, who then called to find out what was
> going on.
>
> There are some things about parish ministry that I haven't missed...

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>