[Magdalen] Prayers

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 16:38:02 UTC 2017

On Sat, Sep 9, 2017 at 8:27 AM, Ginga Wilder <gingawilder at gmail.com> wrote:

> Christ, have mercy.  Praying for each and all impacted by this storm.

​A song about the 1928 Okeechobee Hurricane​ from The Colored Sacred Harp.
Written by Judge Jackson compiler of the book (Judge was his name, rather
than a title - I knew his son Japeth; I think Japeth died about 10 years
ago.)

Sung by the Wiregrass Singers, the name adopted by the black Sacred Harp
singers near Ozark-Dothan, Alabama. Unfortunately, the group is almost gone.

http://tinyurl.com/y8pvx4fs

Hopefully , this storm won't live up to the earlier one (2500 dead).
http://tinyurl.com/yd6w8pah

P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles

http//:pdanbrittain.com  Or  at Sheet Music Plus
http://tinyurl.com/yb9fl39r
<http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/search?Ntt=Publisher+-+brittain+music>