[Magdalen] Prayers

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Sep 10 01:28:34 UTC 2017

In a message dated 9/9/2017 7:08:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
romanos at mindspring.com writes:

I am not  taking any other jobs for the time being--altho I am scheduled to
sing for  Reformation Sunday at the Lutheran Church of the Ascension. they
know it was a  definite  maybe.

I used to help out singing now and then at the large ELCA church
in the next town to the south, Hazleton, PA.  At the same time, I was  a
mainstay of the plainchant schola and the polyphonic choir for the
Latin Rite Tridentines in Scranton, PA.  During heavy music  weeks
such as Holy Week, these two situations inevitably clashed.

I'd work it out the best I could to be fair to both groups.  One  year
though, I had to tell the Tridentines that I would not be available
on Good Friday.  "Why on earth?"  I felt obligated to tell them  the
truth.

Can you picture telling  bunch of conservative Roman Catholics  that
I would be absent because I was singing in a Lutheran church?

Luckily, I made up for lost time with the Tridentines the rest of Holy
Week,
and all was mostly forgotten.

David S.