[Magdalen] Wouldn't you like to be our neighbo(u)r?

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 17 00:19:29 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----

I remember the endless drive to Scranton for the first NPM convention in 1976  Once we got there we had a very nice time.

About 20 years later I drove (with a stop in between) to McAdoo PA to do a same sex engagement liturgy. There was a beautiful Byzantine Church (Rusyn) where I purchased a gracious plenty of pirohi. It was very authentic with lots of icons an an anomylous holy water font (not native to the Byzantine tradition.  The engagement was a pastoral learning experience for me. These guys were not ready for marriage to say the least. One was not even legally divorced from his wife. the other I don't remember--this was someone who came to St Aelred (Sts Sergius and Bacchus) on a regular basis when he was in town (He was a truck driver) and talke me into coming up for the ceremony. I haven't heard from them since.

I liked McAdoo. At the time population 1800 lots of churches and shops. Once you are in that region you are not too far from a lot. I liked PA especially the Moravian country. Lady and I had a good time. We stayed at an Auberge assez chere. they invited me to bring Lady down for dinner (out side cafe) but she was spirited and I didn't trust that she would behaf appropriately. There is an association of French auberges and they are not obligated to follow the rules for restaurants or hotels. Of course that was 25 years ago. I am kind of glad I got a lot of travel in some time ago. I'd like to resume. I don't have a dog at the moment, but I am still look for pet friendly motels

Joe