[Magdalen] Division (was Re: Funeral Service at Saint Martin's, Houston.)

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 21 21:46:42 UTC 2018

On 21/04/2018 21:19, Ginga Wilder wrote:
> If I have learned one thing from the schism in SC it
> is that both sides of the issues are necessary.  We need both conservatives
> and progressives to hold the center in tension.  The Via Media.  Being
> either/or is the way we go today...and we have lost the center be it in the
> church or in the government or in the culture.
>
> Guilty,
> Ginga Wilder

Ginga, I agree that on any divisive issue both sides need to be heard.
 From what I have seen and heard of what has happened in SC over the
years, and I think that is quite a lot for an outsider, I believe what
is currently known (pending the final outcome of some court cases) as
The Episcopal Church in South Carolina has always sought to reach
"across the aisle" (to borrow a political allusion - and continues to do
so. In this you have been led by some wise Provisional Bishops with the
support of a Standing Committee, of which you have been part, and
congregations who have sought to faithfully follow Christ within the
Episcopal tradition. I consider that is all of which you may be
considered guilty - confessing to Christ as your Lord.

Roger