[Magdalen] Division (was Re: Funeral Service at Saint Martin's, Houston.)

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 22:30:23 UTC 2018

Yes, Roger.  Thank you.  TEC/TECSC have indeed sought to reach out to the
breakaway folks, even to the point of offering all parish properties the
Lawrence church claims.  We wanted all diocesan properties, real and
intellectual.  They threw that back in our faces as disingenuous.  Full
stop.

What is so very sad for them is that they are losing it all...or more than
likely will as the litigation proceeds.  My previous parish in Summerville,
that followed Mark Lawrence has posted in a Sunday newsletter, their
predicted Year End deficit will be -$212,904 if giving does not increase.
They are laying off personnel, and/or these folks are leaving for other
jobs/school.  This is utterly sad.  It did not need to happen.  The clergy
and leaders of Lawrence parishes are working overtime to keep parishioners
turned against TEC/TECSC through lies, lies, and damn lies.  That leaves
Episcopal (TECSC) parishioners imagining ways we can reach out in authentic
welcome and encourage reconciliation.  This is an uphill
journey...personally, I believe it will take several generations for this
to happen.  I believe it will in God's time.