[Magdalen] Funeral Service at Saint Martin's, Houston.

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Apr 22 00:30:03 UTC 2018

I have heard that this is a conservative parish, too.  The whole liturgy
came off as almost frightfully low church to me, but I realize that since
the liturgy wars which resulted in the almost complete victory of the
Eucharist, this kind of Protestant type service now comes as a bit of
a shock to me.  I know it was appropriate for the attempt to be friendly
to all those attendees, and a similar liturgy is probably in store for
the senior President Bush at the National Cathedral. (and probably soon).

OTOH, it is my impression that a Requiem Eucharist can serve as the
format for state funerals.  An example of this was the Requiem Mass
at the National Basilica USA for the late SCOTUS Justice Scalia.  As
I recall that was not a prayer service, but a Requiem Eucharist.