[Magdalen] Planning ahead (was Re: Funeral Service at Saint Martin's, Houston.)

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 20:53:06 UTC 2018

A year before my mother died,
she nearly died.

While she was recovering we had Thanksgiving dinner in her hospital room.
We were sitting together, holding hands, watching the sun set and darkness
gather over the town she’d loved her whole life.

“Ma, if you’d died, would you have wanted to be cremated?”

“God, no! I’d have wanted to be buried down in the South Cemetery with my
parents.”

I’ll always be glad we had that short and incredibly precious conversation.
-M