[Magdalen] Macron's rebuke (or, self-save); either way, Good.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu Apr 26 09:07:42 UTC 2018

Besides the fact that every time he allowed himself to take part in the huggy kissy handholdyness of the day before his approval rating in France went down by 5%, his speech to a joint session of Congress made many things clear, one of the most telling of which was pointed out by Brian Williams yesterday (I'm still awake Thurs am, hence "yesterday", plus I just saw the repeat), and it is, with no "quotation" marks, ... When was the last time a sitting US President spoke to the French legislature ... in person ... ... in French?

Steve Schmidt put it best, when he tweeted that Macron is now the Leader of the Free World.  Maybe a bit over the top, but considering the ass-kicking Tramp got from America's first and oldest ally, just how wrong is it?  We'll be in the Driver's Seat again (not that we NEED to be), but at least during the meanwhilst, well, whadayaknow?

And Thursday is Merkel again.  As well as Prooooooit before Senate grilling.  Hoo boy (girl, gril, etc).

Hang by your thumbs.

M J (Mike) Logsdon.

"Aaugh[.]" -- Charles Brown.
"Avoid dull needles and use a soft cloth." -- E Kovacs.
"...[My mouth is a] shithole..." -- 45th US President.