[Magdalen] Temps Perdue

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Apr 26 18:03:48 UTC 2018

My beloved plunked down a glass of milk and a graham cracker
as a bedtime snack.last night.

And there it was:  A flashback to, of all things, to my kindergarten
year, 1941 - 1942.  It was during that year that Pearl Harbor
occurred, an event that I remember vividly, even though I was
barely four years old.

My mother sent me off, dutifully, to kindergarten which was five
days a week for, I think, 9 AM to 1 PM.  I recall liking the
experience, the socialization, and the chance to learn to read and
write (print).  Midway through that daily routine was a little nap
(we each had our own blanket, and simply spread out on the floor).

The nap was followed by my favorite part of the experience:  we
each got a little carton of whole milk, and a graham cracker.

And so the flashback.  Who says young children can't remember
anything?

David S.