[Magdalen] Spring X 2.

Charles Wohlers chadwohl at satucket.com
Mon Apr 30 22:26:11 UTC 2018

Well, up here March was one of the snowiest in many years, followed by a
very cold April. So the snow cover wasn't really gone until several days
ago. Then today we awoke to an inch of snow on the ground (which has since
melted). But - wait a minute - the Weather Service is predicting a high of
78 on Wednesday.

Nevertheless, the garden has been started with peas & spinach planted, and
cabbage seedlings set out. Two days ago I went to start turning over soil
for the onions, and, with the first clump of dirt with the spading fork, out
pops a spotted salamander. He (or she) seemed rather surprised at this
sudden turn of events and I decided the onion plants could spent a few more
days in the greenhouse.

No flowers yet, really, although I did spot a few very tiny spring beauties,
and trout lily leaves a up everywhere.

That's the report from almost-the-Northeast Kingdom, Vermont

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com