[Magdalen] Fwd: A Letter from Presiding Bishop Michael Curry to the Diocese of Virginia

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 14:45:38 UTC 2018

Grace,
In SC, the standing committee chose our provisional bishop, so I was in
error to suggest 'electing'.  Would the PB appoint an interim bishop...is
there such a thing???

My thinking is that if the system is dysfunctional, then until something
'all new and different' happens, the same thing will be repeated.  I am
totally speaking out of turn because I have no idea what might actually be
going on in VA.  I am thinking of a short term bishop charged with a
particular thing...to identify, name, and make changes in any dysfunction
within the system.

I don't know if there are any hangovers from the attempted 'coup' of the
radical evangelicals several years ago.  Of course, my thinking is colored
by my experiences on the ground in South Carolina.  We are looking at the
hard work of reconciling.  It is not an easy thing...and I know we are
vulnerable for some things to go 'underground' to emerge in the future.
For now, we are preparing ourselves for whatever comes....and my little
church looks at moving into an enormous church property.  May God have
mercy.

Ginga