[Magdalen] About Bob Ringwald. (A weird, but oddly nice, ministry I've [apparently] been called to.)

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu Aug 23 09:41:14 UTC 2018

I don't recall when it was all to well, I think back in late-April early May, that news hit (at least some of) the papers about how actress / jazz musician Molly Ringwald's dad, Bob Ringwald, the Blind Piano Wonder and founder of the now(unfortunately)-defunct Sacramento Dixieland Jubilee / Sacramento Music Festival (after it had to start branching out into other types of music in order to try to survive, which it didn't, and only, I believe, last year took its last breath) had a medical emergency en route from Texas to (I think) California and the airliner he was on had to make an emergency landing in Albuquerque, NM, where he spent a couple weeks in hospital before heading home to Placerville, CA, where, as per the last word I had from Molly's husband, he's been recuperating.  (No official word, well, ANY word has been uttered about what actually happened, but most of us think it was cardiac-related, and we of course don't say a word in the public list [referenced below] that he moderates, and has since the late-1990s when the founder [an elderly Canadian fellow] passed on [his name is St Peter Lovric, if anyone wants to petition his syncopated prayers].  But BOY OH BOY, does the periodic "How's Bob?!" email show up, and often privately directed to me since it's known that I happened upon actually making contact with Molly's husband at one point [and it was a true happenchance; well, I did email a few of Molly's publicists and agents just for the helluvit, and shortly after, bingo, I digitally meet her Greek husband].  So, when such queries come through I try my best to help the list membership [much smaller, and way older, on the average, than Magdalen, I'll clue ya] to just relax, and when we're meant to hear something, we will, regardless of what that is.  Tonight, I transgressed Bob's privacy ever-so-slightly, but it may involve a few well-timed "get well" cards.)

Those not familiar with Bob, here's a couple good links.

First, from Sacramento local TV in 2016:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYB23hVPlig (he starts playing at 2:00; note that he literally, while adjusting the mic, doesn't miss a single beat).

And, for those with a penchant for the off-color, "Ringwald Rated R" ...

https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/ringwald1 (I recommend sampling "The Freckle Song"   :-)   )

This has all been sort of a prayer request, for all concerned.  Bob, his wife, Molly, Paino her husband, and all those who keep wondering, gosh darn 'em.

And thanks for indulging yet another post which has the alternative benefit of keeping my mind off things...