[Magdalen] Scranton Takes It On The Chin.

Christopher Hart cervus51 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 17:32:49 UTC 2018

I concur with David's impression. My boss is a lifelong RC and he told me
recently that he and his wife have pretty much just stopped going to
church. I have talked to him some in the past about the Episcopal Church,
and there is a fairly good sized and active one near them, but there just
doesn't seem to be any thought of making an alternative worship choice.
There is a sense, as someone said to me many years ago, that Roman
Catholicism and Judaism both have a cultural component which transcends the
actual practice of the religion. You can take the person out of the
religion, but you can't take the religion out of the person.

--

Christopher Hart