[Magdalen] Scranton Takes It On The Chin.

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 17:57:16 UTC 2018

One of the problems I've seen in New England is that RC churches have
ethnicity.
(One can certainly argue that Episcopal churches have ethnicity, too, but
let's not go there.)
You're likely to see St. Joseph's across the street from St. Patrick's and
around the corner from St. Stanislas.
As these churches have consolidated, people have drifted away.

Also my own experience is that the RCs need educatin' re: funding.
Pledging isn't the way their churches have been financed.
We were all excited when RCs began to arrive during the last round of
exposees.
But none of them pledged.
I think they were waiting for the second collection or something.
-M