[Magdalen] Any Swedish speakers in the house?

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 4 03:51:28 UTC 2018

Well, that hymn is a popular Advent Hymn throughout Northern Europe. It's in the Lutheran Hymnals

-----German hymn tune is Tochter Zion and I have heard it in German on Therere are a lot of great Swedish Advent hymns that are becoming more universal They are in a lot of hymnals, but ELCA has the most of them.

When I was at St James Lutheran we did a Lucia celebration that included a lot of Scandinavian favorites. The pastor was Sigurd Andresen and he was thrilled. They (he and his wife) were professional NOrwegians, having been knighted by the King of Norway.

Joe