[Magdalen] Any Swedish speakers in the house?

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Dec 4 18:29:27 UTC 2018

The lilting rhythm of the hymn (which I remember from the Swedish Baptistsacross the street), fits the lilting rhythm of the Swedish text perfectly.
All the Scandinavian languages have some of this accent rhythm.  The English speech ofUSA Upper Midwesterners betrays its influence.
When I was taking some German classes when I lived in Frankfurt/M, the Germaninstructor was always amused that I sounded like a Norwegian speaking German.I have the rhythm, it seems.

David S.'