[Magdalen] State Funeral

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 18:03:17 UTC 2018

It was a good funeral (as my daughter said, "I'm glad it was
Episcopalian"), spoiled only by the presence of Trump looking like a
truculent 4-year-old, or the bad fairy at a christening. Too bad he
couldn't have just let Melania do the honors; at least she knows how to
behave.

Today's "family" funeral in Houston was SO much better. I was quite touched
by James Baker's eulogy. Hadn't expected to be, as I'm not overly fond of
the guy, but the history of their friendship made it so personal, and when
he choked up at the end, so did I. My dad was a member of the "greatest
generation" too, and shared a number of the same qualities.