[Magdalen] State Funeral

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu Dec 6 19:10:33 UTC 2018

>>>My dad was a member of the "greatest
generation" too, and shared a number of the same qualities.<<<

Mine too, believe it or don't.  Though not a Baby Boomer by calendar, the fact that my father was a WWII veteran has always allowed me to claim Baby Boomer rather than Generation X.

I too liked today's funeral, though had to do some mental shifts along the way.  I hadn't been paying close attention so the Oak Ridge Boys were "on stage" before I was aware, and being an old Oaks/Statlers fan enjoyed their "Amazing Grace".  I could, however, have done without Reba appearing out of nowhere with her "Lord's Prayer".  My apologies to those who don't share my sentiment, but I really could have done with a much different voice on that one.

M J (Mike) Logsdon.

"Aaugh[.]" -- Charles Brown.
"Avoid dull needles and use a soft cloth." -- E Kovacs.
"Because that's the kind of guy, I'm." -- C Reiner, "Your Show of Shows", skit: "From Here to Obscurity".