[Magdalen] Dio. Of Virginia

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Dec 8 16:25:07 UTC 2018

Eau Claire went through this sort of agony for several years.  The most viable idea,it seemed, was for Eau Claire to join Fond du Lac and lose its separate identity.  Eau Clairewas for this union, but the clergy (not the laity, as I recall) of Fond du Lac turned itdown.  In the end, Eau Claire found an older clergyman who was willing totake on the job of bishop half time, and they consecrated him as +Eau Claire (William JayLambert).

The new +Eau Claire is a nice guy.  I've had several talks with him, and it was hard toget off the phone with him.  Were I in Eau Claire still, we'd get on famously, I think.

I suspect Fond du Lac turned down the union because Eau Claire is probablytoo liberal for this "lace to the paps" diocese.

David Strang