[Magdalen] Christmas Greetings

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 25 01:22:33 UTC 2018

to all. Not being required elsewhere this Christmas I attended Midnight
Mass at my parish church. Very well attended with good ritual but I wish
that when the service books gives the words for some parts of the
liturgy, such as the Gloria and the Sursum Corda, that is what we have
rather than the choir singing something different. I want to
participate, not simply attend a sacred concert, and this does not help.
The sermon was excellent though, related to the current context in this
country (a mess) as wellas the fact that God chose to come to be right
here with us in a less than ideal situation. It was also evangelistic,
which was good given the number of visitors, encouraging people to find
out more about our faith.

Roger