[Magdalen] Sing We Now of Christmas.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 04:41:55 UTC 2018

In addition to "Beautiful Savior," their "Come, thou fount of every
blessing" brings tears to my eyes.

Please pray for my dear husband, who is again fighting with pneumonia. On
top of this he takes on undeserved shame for "ruining Christmas" and the
like, as we won't be attending his family's Christmas gathering, which is
wonderful but also kept as a rock-solid tradition; his father in particular
is a huge advocate of doing things the same way every year (not just
Christmas, but summer visits to a B&B, staying in the same room on the same
dates, etc.). I trust he will not receive any flack nor shame of any sort
about this; if he does, something is seriously out of whack. I hope and
pray that is not the case. He'll be putting all his energy into our
attending 10 a.m. Mass in our church, and then we will rest at home. I'll
keep him supplied with whatever he needs.

I reminded him that our evening with a friend, enjoying Chinese food and
George C. Scott's Scrooge, has already been a fine part of what will be a
fine Christmas together.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA