[Magdalen] signing the mass

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Feb 9 15:57:12 UTC 2018

Not to my knowledge.  Actually, the French were pulling out of bases
in Germany and DeGaul demanded US bases in France to be closed
by March, 1967.  This apparently caught US Forces completely by
surprise, and there was mad scrambling to retrieve what was
possible and comply.  The 97th Army Hospital in Frankfurt/M got the
lighting from the closing hospitals at Tours and Orleans, for example.

Attributed to Charles DeGaul when fielding complaints about the poor
highways from the border at Saarbrucken to Paris:  "You'll never
catch me funding a modern autoroute in that area.  We certainly
don't want good highways from the German border to Paris."

David S.