[Magdalen] Florida school shootings

Michael Bishop rev at michaelbishop.name
Thu Feb 22 15:50:47 UTC 2018

On 22/02/2018 15:32, ME Michaud wrote:

> Uh, they’re also heavily armed.
> Law enforcement and health reporting agree:
> the people most in danger are family members & domestic partners
> AND ALSO agents of law enforcement (police & lawyers & judges).
> -M
Another difference from UK.
The only time I have ever seen an armed British policeman was a very
scary one. I was asleep in bed when I heard my door bell ring, but
wasn't sure if I was dreaming. I listened and heard a loud knocking. I
went downstairs to the front door to find myself confronted by two armed
policemen with weapons at the ready. It turned out that they had had a
shooting reported. I of course allowed them to check the house and they
then told me that they had a report of a shooting at the Vicarage and
asked "Is there another Vicarage?" "Not in this village, I replied.
"There is a former vicarage inj the next village." "Thank you," they
said, we must have been sent to the wrong vicarage." It turned out that
my suggestion was right. There had been something of a shooting incident
in  that house.
It took a while to get back to sleep - and I was glad that I had no wife
or family to share in the fright!

I hope not to meet another armed policeman! There are more police
authorised to have firearms here these days, but very few indeed carry
arms as a matter of course - and then in very special circumstances.

God bless

Michael Bishop
rev at michaelbishop.name