[Magdalen] Personalized Pontifical Service.

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Feb 27 20:33:29 UTC 2018

I surveyed recently some of my pictures from West Central Wisconsin
including some views of the Diocese of Eau Claire retreat center
in Menomonie, Wisconsin ("Bundy Hall").  The center consisted of
a very large old Victorian home dating from the old lumber days,
and some scattered buildings, including a classical board and batten
clad chapel.  This was nestled in an old piney woods.

I recalled that Bundy Hall had been sold 5-6 years ago.  3 decades before
it was sold, I donated a collection of water colo(u)rs of English churches
picked up over the years.  The water colo(u)rs fit very nicely in that
large home setting.  I began to wonder what had happened to them.

I left a message at the Diocesan office about this and was surprised
to get a personal call from +Eau Claire (Jay Lambert). who told me the
water colo(u)rs had been auctioned off with the rest of the furnishings.

We discussed at length the Diocese of Eau Claire and how they are
doing well with a half-time bishop (+Jay), and how much he enjoys
his job.  Prior to getting a half-time bishop, the Diocese was
struggling to foot the full bishop's package.  Not any more.

In any case, I was left (as was the Bishop) that we would be good
friends if we were closer together.

David S.