[Magdalen] Ice and Snow along GA & SC

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 3 20:21:21 UTC 2018

On 03/01/2018 18:54, Charles Wohlers wrote:
> Well it was -32F here New Year's morning - the coldest I've seen it
> here since we moved here. Needless to say, a lot of stuff which grows
> well at the southern edge of the Poconos won't survive here. We also
> have ~15" of the white stuff on the ground, which does help protect
> many of the plants.

The afternoon of New Year's Eve I was chatting with a Canadian
(originally from Quebec I believe) who has been living and working over
here for some years. I observed that I assumed she was glad to be here
given the weather over there at present. Her daughter has been there
with family for a few months now so she will be experiencing it. Reports
are enough to get Brits to drop their perennial topic of conversation -
the weather. We really have nothing to complain about.

Roger, always grateful for the effects of the Gulf Stream giving us
temperate climes.