[Magdalen] M/C - verger - "praise and worship leader"

Jo Craddock jocraddock at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 16:54:00 UTC 2018

Happy new year, friends, and all good wishes for you in 2018, even
amidst the sadness of our loss in friends who have gone before us. I
still check in regularly, if not daily, to pray and be with you.

I saw this come across my desk this morning, and couldn't resist sharing
for info and commentary:
--------------------------
Praise and Worship Leader
Church of the Nativity - Northborough, MA 01532
Part-time
Job Summary

Church of the Nativity is an evangelical, sacramental, and charismatic
Episcopal church in Northborough, MA. We are seeking a dynamic leader
who is able to communicate vision balanced with ability to listen in a
team environment while recognizing diverse talents. The ideal candidate
would be able to sing, play, and direct our praise team and choir. It is
the primary purpose of the Worship Team Leader to develop a worship
ministry capable of providing inspiring and engaging worship services
that encourages the body to enter into corporate and personal worship to
the glory of God.

Responsibilities and Duties

Leads the congregation toward authentic worship, through modeling and
teaching such worship. * Leads the worship team to include the singers,
instrumentalists, sound techs, and computer techs.
Provides guidance in the development and implementation of the highest
quality worship possible by working to coordinate instrumentalists and
vocalists in groups or as individuals. * Meets weekly with the Pastor
for planning worship services. * Plans, schedules, leads, and
coordinates the operation of corporate worship services. * Prepares for
and holds rehearsals for worship team during the week and Sunday morning
including the music charts and sound set up. * Ensures worship order for
the bulletin is communicated to secretary. * Oversee the recruiting,
scheduling, and development of instrumentalists, vocalists, songwriters,
sound technicians, and computer technicians. * Finds new songs to
introduce in worship and prepares the music charts for them. * Performs
other duties assigned by the Pastor.
Qualifications and Skills

Strong administrative skills
Ability to delegate responsibility
Teaching skills that encourage growth of musicians
Maintains personal, spiritual and professional growth that is steeped in
a prayerful life.
Possess a vibrant growing personal committed relationship with Christ.
Willing to learn the culture of The Episcopal Church.
Ability to delegate authority
Experience leading worship