[Magdalen] Our "sh*thole" president.

Michael Bishop rev at michaelbishop.name
Sat Jan 13 19:33:56 UTC 2018

In one of my former parishes, Radbourne, precisely this happened in the
19th century:

The elder son of the Squire inherited the estate which meant he owned
all property in the parish and lived in the Hall. The younger son became
Rector. In later life, the brothers fell out, and when the Rector asked
his brother if the Hall could be used for the 21st birthday party of his
daughter, big brother said "No" - so the Rector built a ballroom onto
the Rectory specially for the occasion! The ballroom is still part of
the old rectory (although the rectory has been divided into about 6
separate flats) .  To m y mid that frector had more money than sense -
but then I was not a son of the squire!

God bless

Michael Bishop
rev at michaelbishop.name

On 13/01/2018 11:46am, Roger Stokes wrote