[Magdalen] Our "sh*thole" president.

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 20:26:43 UTC 2018

Which reminds me of this story,

Why I’m not a Roman Catholic

Both my grandparents were factory workers. Grandfather worked as a
machinist, designing, building and maintaining. Grandmother was a stitcher
and worked through her pregnancies until she just couldn’t fit behind the
machine any more, then returned to work as soon as she was able.

One day (circa 1920) the parish priest visited my grandparents.
She made him a cup of tea and they sat at the kitchen table.
My father and his younger brother Richard (numbers 8 & 9) were playing
underfoot.
“It’s been a couple of years since we’ve had a christening from this
house,” he said.
Grammie turned to my grandfather and said, “We left Canada to get away from
this shit.”

That’s the family story, anyway.
-M