[Magdalen] Our "sh*thole" president.

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Jan 14 01:26:36 UTC 2018

The ethnic aspect was not limited to the RCC.  One of my uncles, member of
the large Norwegian Lutheran Church (Concordia) married a women from
the large Swedish Lutheran Church (Pilgrim) in the family hometown of
Superior, Wisconsin (just across from Duluth, MN).  My family moaned
that it was "sad for him to be marrying a woman of another faith."

These two Lutheran congregations are still rivals, though they are now of
the same Lutheran synod - ELCA.  The two each have ravishing collegiate
gothic buildings, and are scratching around to attract the same small pool
of likely members.  They are both in bad shape financially.