[Magdalen] Budgets Question

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 00:30:25 UTC 2018

What is the practice out there for recording support of Outreach activities?

Our people are generous donors in all sorts of ways beyond Givings.  Our
Outreach Committee would like a line in the Operating Budget that
somehow reflects that our  financial plans extend to meeting needs of
the less fortunate, locally, in the Diocese, nationally and
internationally.  Does everyone routinely simply record outreach-type
revenue as an in-out money-raised = money-paid component of Other Income?

One hitch is that our revenue figure as shown in the Operating Budget is
used for our Diocesan assessment.

Just curious.  We're having a brisk discussion at this end that reflects
several points of view.

Marion, a pilgrim