[Magdalen] Prayers, please.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jul 1 20:32:11 UTC 2018

I haven't spoken about it much at all, but I've been on leave from work for what on this coming Thursday will have been four months.  I did mention a while back it was strictly supervisor-related.  In a word, this time home, which should have been relaxing (and it was to a large degree, don't get me wrong), was fraught with turmoil, trying to get my head around both what had led up to the leave (2.5 years of abuse from my supervisor, and, more importantly, my letting it happen), and how and what to face and do about the future.  I spent the entire month of April believing I was going to retire and get supplementary work for the rest of my life, which belief was eventually dispelled by both myself and my Union.  I return to work Friday, with anything but a clear idea of what to expect.  The most cogent account of her during all this time from friends on the inside is that she has no idea that has been all about her.  Somehow, hopefully in a pleasant way, that has got to be part of our initial communications, for no other reason than the fact that the old days of things getter better and me just hoping they stay that way, are over.  Done.  I will not be treated like shit anymore.  I've been working with my Union (and yes, middle finger to the SCOTUS), and we definitely have a plan.  When that plan will be implemented is still up in the air, as I'm not back yet.  But we definitely have a plan.

My biggest regret about this extended time away from work is that I've literally gotten nothing done around the apartment.  But, I wasn't exactly "on vacation".

Thanks for listening.

M J (Mike) Logsdon.