[Magdalen] Prayers, please.

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 1 21:51:10 UTC 2018

Mike,

Bullies need to be confronted. They are trying to bolster there own ego
and need to be reminded of the truth that they are actually weak and
cowards. In the end they will not prevail so strengthen your yourself
with this truth. You have the union on your side and SCOTUS said nothing
about the right of workers to be part of a trade union. Their decision,
as I read it, was solely about whether those who choose not to be part
of the union have to pay a fee to be able to work in that organization
and are not allowed to negotiate directly with the employer. Good luck
to them if they want to take on the employer on their own rather than
accepting the benefits the union has won for the workers corporately.
(Incidentally, has anybody else noticed that the petitioner in this case
is called Janus, the same name as the two-face Roman god?)

It may well be that when you return to work your supervisor realises
that she needs your input to keep the show on the road. Don't expect her
to be effusive in thankfulnerss that you have returned but be prepared,
with your union's backing, to file a grievance if necessary if she does
not reapect your professionalism.

Roger