[Magdalen] Cathedral choir

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 26 09:17:23 UTC 2018

On 26/07/2018 06:44, marionthompson wrote:
> Went along to the.mid-week evening choral Eucharist at Guildford Cathedral yesterday. The visiting choir was St. Paul's Church, Bedford.  I  thought of you , Roger.  Is there a connection?  They did a great job in this fabulous singing acoustic. Especially the motet:  Bairstow 's 'Let all mortal flesh keep silent'.
> I will be loath to leave the Cathedral and my nearly daily attendance after Sunday .

There is indeed a connection as I live in the parish and know at least
three members of the choir in different connections. One of them often
conducts if the Organist and Choirmaster has to play the organ. Another
conducts less frequently. In fact I will be seeing two of them on
Saturday on a trip to London (they leave Guildford tomorrow) and will
pass on your comments.

Roger