[Magdalen] Prayer request

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 18:43:35 UTC 2018

When I was a new nurse and thought for a brief while that I might go into
pediatrics, I was in orientation at Children's Hospital in Knoxville. At
that time all the babies of diabetic mothers who were born across the steet
at Fort Sanders Hospital were shipped across the street to Children's NICU
until their blood sugars stabilized. (Now this is no longer thought
necessary and they're kept in ordinary nursery or rooming-in with regular
heel sticks for blood sugar.) As babies of diabetic moms are often quite
large, you can imagine how they looked in relation to the teeny-tinies!