[Magdalen] Readings?

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 03:19:49 UTC 2018

I’m curious to know how many of our US sibs use just two reading on Sunday morning?
The interim at a church where I’ve done a lot of supply and will again for a few Sundays just does one reading, the Psalm and the Gospel. For the first reading he picks either the OT or Epistle reading for the day.

When I expressed surprise at the change, it sounded as if he was doing it because he’s been doing this for 40 years, and it’s more Scripture than the congregation needs.  That’s a bad paraphrase, but it seemed to be the gist of what he was saying.

I don’t have the prayer book with me at the moment, but I thought the Sunday Eucharist was supposed to include all three assigned readings plus the Psalm. I know weekday Eucharists, especially those commemorating saints, only have two readings and a Psalm assigned, but that’s not the case for Sunday.
This is literally the first time I’ve attended a Sunday service without all the readings.

Your take on this?