[Magdalen] Readings?

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 12:16:07 UTC 2018

I would guess that the more low church, the greater the possibility of only
one or two lessons besides the gospel.  I take offense at the priest's
sentiment that reading OT, PS, NT, plus Gospel is giving the congregation
too much scripture.  What does he know about a person's need/ability to
read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest scripture???  Perhaps he may find it
difficult to preach with 'so many' texts read.

Since 2012 when Good Shepherd, Summerville, SC was established as a result
of the schism in SC, we have used RCL's three suggested readings, plus the
gospel for the day.  Our current priest-in-charge is high church at heart
and by years of experience, so I doubt that format will change anytime
soon.   But, reading all three lessons is customary in (yes, snakebelly
low) South Carolina.

My $0.02.
Ginga