[Magdalen] Robert F. Kennedy

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Jun 10 20:17:16 UTC 2018

In the series of "Where Were You" and since it is the 50th
anniversary of his assassination,  this was my moment
of discovery.  There's also a new biography of RFK
in the bookstores/online.

I was with family of four plus my mother driving from
Frankfurt/M, Germany, to Norway to do a self-driving
tour of my mother's side family locales.

We were in the Jutland peninsula driving to the north
tip of Denmark in order to get the car ferry to Oslo, Norway.
We stopped for fuel at a rural station, and my mother went
in to purchase some cold soda (well, "pop" to my USA
Midwestern mother).  She spoke Norwegian according to
relatives, with an old fashioned rural accent, but she was
able to carry on a conversation with the gas station
attendant, who spoke only Danish.

Mother thought the attendant was referring to the fairly
recent assassination of JFK, but then finally realtized
there had been the assassination of his brother, USA
Attorney General Robert Kennedy.

We were dumbfounded.

David S.