[Magdalen] SC property case

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 15:01:18 UTC 2018

The Episcopal Church in SC

*U.S. Supreme Court Denies Certiorari,will not hear church property case*
https://mailchi.mp/episcopalchurchsc/supremecourtdecisionjune2018?e=bfa235e9ac

+++
Episcopalians in SC no longer stand at a fork in the road, waiting to hear
what is coming next.  The road ahead is clear, after going on 6 years of
schism.  We can move forward as The Episcopal Church.  It is meet and right
that we are allowed to follow this road, but it promises to be arduous
along the way.  No one is gloating over the supreme court decision not to
grant cert, which would simply have extended the time and increase the
unnecessary expenditure of money on for lawyers fees, etc.

Today is the most important day in the schism thus far.  Bp Lawrence has
called a meeting of his clergy for Thursday.  My guess is that it will take
time for them to inwardly digest what this decision means for them.  Let us
pray for the people in the Lawrence pews, as well as the leadership and
people of The Episcopal Church in SC.

Thank you to each of you who has listened to my anxious posting over the
years...actually since 1997, as I anticipated what what to come.

Blessings,
Ginga Wilder