[Magdalen] Jeff Sessions Brought Up On Church Charges

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 18:24:59 UTC 2018

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/methodists-bring-church-charges-against-jeff-sessions_us_5b28fc2ee4b0a4dc9920b9dd
?

This sort of thing is usually handled locally, as the article points out,
and it's unusual for the national denomination to get involved in this way,
but unusual times call for unusual measures, I guess. The spokesman for the
signees also points out that they don't want to expel (disfellowship?)
Sessions, but want him called in for pastoral counseling.

I think our own PB would probably feel about the same. He often speaks
about love, and the policies Sessions is carrying out WRT the migrant
families, and the way he is speaking abut them certainly do not embody that
love...either God's love for us, or the way Jesus tells us to love our
brothers and sisters. So perhaps Bishop Curry would approve.