[Magdalen] Jeff Sessions Brought Up On Church Charges

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Jun 21 15:41:43 UTC 2018

It is well known, however, that southern Methodists tend to be more conservative.
It is their opposition that has kept the UMC from marrying gays and lesbian couples,
I am told by members of the Methodist "Affirmation" group.

I've mentioned before on this list my astonishment at the general development
of loose, informal liturgies in Methodist churches.  When I was growing up
Methodist worship in the Upper Midwest USA, at least, was essentially like
Episcopal Morning Prayer.  Now Methodists have gone all informal chatty.

David S.