[Magdalen] Jeff Sessions Brought Up On Church Charges

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Jun 22 15:51:59 UTC 2018

There seems to be a tremendous difference in the liturgical
style of USA Methodists.  For example, the clergy albs and
crucifer with torch bearers leading the procession that are
depicted in the You Tube Easter segments of the Duke U.
Methodist Church would positively dumbfound
the Methodists in the parishes I know in the Upper Midwest
USA. This is, I suspect, manifested in a variety of theological
positions.

Likewise the high church theology of the official Methodist
tome, "This Holy Mystery," would evoke "Papist!" cries  from the
Methodists in the pews almost anywhere in the USA, even though
it is official church theology.

David S.