[Magdalen] East coast storms

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Mar 3 05:18:08 UTC 2018

Here at the west edge of the Pennsylvania Poconos, we have had some gusty winds, though
not the strong stuff they've had nearer the coast.  The very heavy (i.e., waterlogged)
snow is about 10 inches.  Further East in the higher Pocono plateau, they've had as much
as 25" and it's still coming down.  The conifers and evergreen shrubs (rhododendrons, etc.)
are drooping under the snow weight, and I suspect there will be some residual damage.

There have been no power outages just here, naturally, because we have a new
electric generator to baptize.

New England is having a tough time, but I suspect the Canadian Maritimes will absorb the
the worst of it.