[Magdalen] East coast storms

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 07:32:04 UTC 2018

I did not speak for a lot of others in my area. I came to church Sunday
morning. Our rector, Fr. Chuck Kramer, usually starts by saying "Good
morning, and welcome to Saint James on this blustery morning, the third
Sunday in Lent." Then we get into the service.  But this morning, he asked
that everyone pray for those who were SNOWED IN (!!) and could not get to
church, and those who had lost power.
It seems that we had people who got a foot of snow, and someone a fairly
short distance away got nothing. The highly destructive winds knocked down
trees all over the place. Everywhere I went on Sunday and Monday, I saw
multiple utility trucks out trying to get the system together again. We
have folks here from Montreal, God bless them!!
When I saw the devastation in other locations, I'm grateful for our own
good fortune.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford