[Magdalen] Pizza Spices.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sun Mar 11 18:35:39 UTC 2018

>>>and there appears to be no red sauce of any kind on
it<<<

I've received takout pizza that way before.  I'd forgotten to mention that as a possibility.

>>>routine<<<

Nope.  Not anymore, generally.  (White garlic sauce is frequently an option.)  UNLESS we're talking certain types of older-style, usually family-owned restaurants that also do takeout.  But they seldom if ever deliver.

You are correct to emphasise what you expect to find on it next time.  In fact, don't just emphasise the sauce.  Emphasise it via making them listen to the story of your recent experience.  I did that once when the story was about having received a tepid pizza.  It was a chain, but francise-owned by a very serious family.  The young man I was dealing with when ordering the next time took umbrage at my emphasising that I was ordering a HOT, not a COLD pizza.  He made the mistake of telling me that because it was delivery "hot to the touch" was neither guaranteed nor to be expected.  A few more words back and forth, then I parried with "Dude, I'm just across the street!"  (I'm not EXACTLY across the street, but I'm very, very close.)  He made the fatal move of saying that didn't matter.  I concluded with "Please do me the favor of telling your boss that you personally lost them a customer and that I'd like to volunteer to be on the interview panel to replace you", and hung up.  What sent the conversation in the direction it went was his initial "It'll be an hour to and hour and fifteen minutes."  My pizza arrived in 25 minutes.  I felt a teeeensy bit ashamed as I opened the door for the delivery person, who was grinning from ear to ear as he handed me the pizza and I made the face of someone who'd just put his hand under something quite hot.  He said "I like my pizza hot too!"  I can't recall how big my tip was, but it was definitely big.

M J (Mike) Logsdon.

"Aaugh[.]" -- Charles Brown.
"Avoid dull needles and use a soft cloth." -- E Kovacs.
"...[My mouth is a] shithole..." -- 45th US President.