[Magdalen] East coast storms

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 15:22:10 UTC 2018

Tulips are more or less annuals down here rather than perennials  as they
are in colder climes. Even if the deer don't get them (the local herd
rarely comes into our yard) they only last for a couple of seasons, even
the species types. And Dutch hyacinths are candy for squirrels. I managed
to keep some going in a hidden location for several seasons, but the little
%$#@! found them eventually. Some of our squirrels are as big as small
cats! I may try hyacinths in the pots on my upper deck, where they do not
go...perhaps  under the mint.