[Magdalen] Cruel... boggles the mind

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Sun Mar 18 16:54:02 UTC 2018

Church Pension vests at something like 7 years, and gives partial pension
based on full time years served. Weird, but good for me,since I only served
for 14 years and some fraction. One is fully vested after 20 years. Federal
rules are surely based at least partially on age, since the big deal seemed
to be when his birthday is (today, and the firing was yesterday, so one day
before). My guess is that he would get *something * at any rate, just not
the full amount. And yes, it’s cruel and mean-spirited, but did anyone
think Little Donny and his minions were anything else? I do hope it’s true
that he can sue and succeed. I wish it would come straight out of Donny's
salary, which he promised to donate, but I bet he hasn’t.

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018 at 3:12 PM ME Michaud <michaudme at gmail.com> wrote:

> He’ll sue for his pension and he’ll win.
> Which will give us another round of criticism of the courts.
>
> I’m a little stumped about the time frame actually.
> We were vested after ten years, then they rolled it back to five.
> Vesting at twenty-two years is weird.
>
> --
Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle