[Magdalen] Solemn Palm Sunday?

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 23:40:46 UTC 2018

I found this explanation:

In the Gregorian (EF) Rite, in a Solemn Mass with Deacon and Sub-Deacon,
the Deacon chants the Gospel on the "cantoris" or north (liturgical north
if not true north) side of the sanctuary and faces north, the symbolic
direction of where the light of the gospel has not yet penetrated,
therefore facing those still in darkness.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA