[Magdalen] Leeks.

Simon Kershaw simon at kershaw.org.uk
Thu May 3 13:04:50 UTC 2018

Sauteed leeks, yes, nice.

And don't throw away too much of the green. Leave a couple of inches at
the top of the leek. You'll need to cook this more thoroughly than the
thin white, but it adds colour and flavour.

After saute-ing add some more butter, then when it has melted add some
flour to make a roux, then milk to make a white sauce. Add s&p. Serve as a
side dish.

Or us chopped leeks in a casserole or similar instead of using chopped onion.

simon

--
Simon Kershaw
simon at kershaw.org.uk