[Magdalen] Tempus Fugit.

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Mon May 7 04:01:47 UTC 2018

I can remember some elegant Mother's Day brunches, and I suppose
they were expensive for their times.  On a couple occasions when relatives
or special friends were here out East, we'd think nothing of going into
New York City to brunch at the Rainbow Room with the breathtaking
views over the City.  In Chicago, it was usually the Palmer House,.

I'm sorry the Rainbow Room no longer has its song and dance reviews
(a sort of dinner/theater).  A Manhattan friend used to take me to the
little bar there.  I recall catching the shows of Lorna Luft, and that of Liza Minelli
(the two daughters of the Divine Judy Garland.

David S.